[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.18.2″]
- EFFECTIVE DATE: July 8, 2016
Last updated: 28 March 2019
- The Act recognises the rights of individuals to protect their personal data (including rights of access and correction) and the requirement for organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
- Collection of information
- We may collect and process the following information or data (including personal information and information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- Your name (first name and/or last name);
- Your username, location, profile picture, photographs, contact information and other information that are available on your social media accounts;
- Other optional information that does not expressly identify you, such as address, gender, spoken languages, marital relationship status and your personal introduction. This information is provided on a voluntary basis and its only purpose is to allow us to better understand the profile of our clients, guests and website users and make our services and events more relevant and precise;
- Birth date, which is mandatory so that our strict children protection policy can be enforced; it is your sole responsibility to provide your correct birth date;
- Your e-mail address(es) and other contact information that you may provide to us;
- A record of any correspondence between you and other users on the Platforms;
- A record of the events that you have registered for on the Platforms, including all associated information to these events such as the date, time and location of the event and any other information provided during the registration process;
- Reviews that you may make in connection with us and/or our events;
- Details of your initial sign-up date and visits to the Platforms and the resources that you may access;
- Information that we may require from you when you report a problem with the Platforms or the event registration process;
- If you register for events via social media authentication methods, the Platforms may access certain Personal Data (e.g. first name, surname, picture, email, number of Facebook friends, etc.) in your social media account pursuant to the applicable terms and conditions of these social media platforms (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook or Google etc). We may also collect some of your Personal Data when you interact with third party social media features, such as “Like” functions;
- With regard to each of your visits to our Platform we may collect, in accordance with applicable laws and, where required, with your consent, information relating to the devices that you use and the networks that you are connected to when using our services. This may include the following information: your IP address, log-in information, smartphone device brand and type, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, advertising identifier, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Platforms, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction. We may collect this information through the use of various technologies including cookies; and
- Aggregated information regarding your activity on our Platform (such as reviews, comments, posts and likes etc.). Such information may be published on our Platform.
- You agree that the collection of the information listed in paragraph 2.1 above is reasonable for us to provide you with our services.
- We make a reasonable effort to ensure that your personal data collected is accurate and complete. You represent and warrant that your personal data provided to us is accurate and complete.
- In the event that any of your accounts on any of the Platforms is suspended or blocked, we will keep your data for a period of between 2 and 10 years in order to prevent you from circumventing the rules applying to our Platform, after which we shall cease to retain your personal data.
- We only collect such information when you choose to supply the same to us. You do not have to supply any personal information to us but you may not be able to take advantage of all the services that we offer without doing so.
- Use of information
- By using the Platforms and/or registering for our events, you expressly authorize and consent to us gathering, reviewing, retaining and where reasonably required, transmitting your data to our intermediary companies and entities for the proper and reasonable purpose of them storing and using the data responsibly and in accordance with the Act. When you provide personal information through our Platform, the information may be sent to servers located outside of Singapore.
- We may use this information to:
- Ensure that the content on our Platforms are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your personal computers, smartphones and other devices and customise the Platforms to your preferences; understand your activities interests; and optimize our Platforms’ display of information, and manage our business;
- Assist in making general improvements to the Platforms and our events;
- Carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- Allow you to participate in features of the Platforms and other services;
- Communicate with you by email or other chosen means to send relevant notifications about our events and services that may be of interest to you;
- Enable third parties to market on the Platforms products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Contact you and notify you about changes to the Platforms or the services and events that we offer (except where you have expressly requested for us not to do so);
- Analyse how users are making use of the Platforms for our internal marketing and research purposes;
- Ensure that you comply with our terms and conditions and the applicable law; and
- Send you important notifications that you will require in order to use the Platforms.
- With whom we share your information
- When you use our Platforms and sign up for our services or events, your profile may become viewable by other users of the Platforms. Other users may be able to view limited information that you have decided to provide to us directly (or through Facebook or Google registrations etc), such as your first name, surname, city of residence, reviews, your lists of contacts and events registered for. For the avoidance of doubt, you will be able to amend your personal information listed on the Platforms at any time.
- Information such as residential address, birthdate, gender, email address will always remain private and not visible by other users unless you have allowed otherwise on the Platforms.
- Other users will not be able to access other pictures on the Platforms other than your profile picture after registration, unless you have allowed otherwise on the Platforms.
- Service providers: We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include, without limitation, server hosting, marketing and supporting our notification service functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to disclose or use such information for any other purposes.
- We may allow third party service providers, advertising companies, advertisement networks, merchandising companies and other third parties to display advertisements and brands on our Platforms. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements.
- We do not provide any non-anonymized personal information to third parties. We will adhere strictly to the provisions in the Act in relation to any disclosure and dissemination of information to any third parties.
- Girls in Tech (Headquarters).
- We may disclose your information, including personal information in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
- We will not transfer any of your personal data to a country or territory outside Singapore except to organisations that provide a standard of protection to personal data that is comparable to the protection under the Act.
- Third Party Sites
- How we protect your personal information
- We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access, collection, use, copying, modification, disposal and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we cannot guarantee that your personal information, activities on the Platforms, or other communications will always remain secure.
- If you wish to delete all of your personal data in our possession, please email us at [email protected]. Your personal data in our possession will be deleted within 24 hours.
- Children’s privacy
Although our Platforms are for a general audience, we restrict the use of our Platform to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information of children under the age of 13. As indicated in paragraph 2.1.4., it is your sole responsibility to provide your correct birth date.
- No Third-party Rights
- Specific provisions related to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
- We acknowledge that the EU GDPR will apply if we process any personal data of individuals for data controllers in the EU or if we offer goods or services to individuals in the EU. We understand that personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently, be collected and applied only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, must be limited to only what is required, must be accurate, not be kept in personally identifiable form for longer than is necessary and must be secured and protected pursuant to the EU GDPR.
- We acknowledge and agree that the EU GDPR affords individuals with rights such as the right to be notified, right of access, right to fix incorrect information, right to be forgotten, right to restrict data use, right to data portability and right to object. We agree that our data controller will act on a request from an individual without undue delay (within one month). We will maintain records of how we process personal data, acknowledge the need to conduct data protection impact assessments and the need to apply careful consideration in the adoption and engagement of our data processors.
- Contact & Data Protection Officer
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry or request relating to your Personal Data, including but not limited to, the following:
- Any request to provide you with your personal data that is in our possession or control;
- Any enquiry on the ways in which your personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within one year prior to the date of the enquiry; and
- Any request to correct an error or omission in your personal data,
please use one of the following means:
- Email to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]; or
- Post to:
Girls in Tech (Singapore Chapter)
℅ Tasha Abdul Mutalib/Janio Asia
WeWork 8 Cross Street